Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Faggot Responds to Small Town Dumb Ass

By CAPTAIN FAGGOT

A comment from Jason in response to my very first article:

Yes, I'm going to up root my life and quit my job just so I can move to the bright, progressive city and meet a man. Being in a relationship is just that important. Besides, we're so backwards and close minded in Small Town, USA, anyway. I'll move to a "gayborhood" so that I can isolate myself from the real world and pretend everyone is OK with the lifestyle I live. Then I'll be so shocked when something like prop 8 passes. "But everyone I know voted against it! I don't understand." Give me a break.

____________________________________________________________________

Dear Jason,

As specifically stated, my advice article, "Still Single?", was intended for single gay men who strongly desire a significant other but are having trouble attaining one. There are many reasons why an individual may be having difficulties finding the love of their life, which is why I discussed a gamut of scenarios and solutions.

If indeed there are gay guys stuck in small towns across the country, who feel as though they are the only homos around and desperately long to meet someone they can relate to. And if the only thing keeping them in small towns was a job, then I don't see why it's ridiculous to suggest they try moving to a big city. Obviously a person needs to do some research before making such a move, make sure finances are in order, make sure work is attainable, make sure housing is affordable, and so on.

But since you felt the need to be an ass, I'm curious... What advice would you give? If a gay man who is looking for love, lives in an area that has nothing to offer him but financial stability and not much else... what should he do? Should he just stay there because the greater possibility of finding a relationship and love isn't as important as a job?! Because living in a gay friendly city is somehow not as "real" as living in a town where people hate you?

What kind of bitter, jaded, self-hating dumb ass are you?!

By the way... Living in a big city, regardless of whether or not you live in the gay district, is hardly isolating yourself, in fact it's throwing yourself into a veritable melting pot, forcing you to inevitably cross paths with individuals who are ethnically and socially diverse. By doing so, it usually breeds mutual acceptance and a more liberal attitude. Is that so bad? If anything is isolation it's small town America.

Give Mason, Marcus, Noah, and Me a break, stay in your backwards small town and off of this website.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your rather eloquent response is betrayed by the incorrect use of "myself." It should be "give ... and me a break." "Myself" is probably the most mis-used word in the dictionary. :)

Dark Rider said...

very nicely worded. I'm really proud of your response to that guys comment.=)

Spherical Time said...

Jason apparently has a thing for being alone or possibly dating straight people.

It wasn't the first time.

Of course, some of us move to the big city and then can't find jobs. Still looking here in NYC, and it's the wrong time, let me tell you.

Zack in ATX said...

It's funny to me how we accuse the small town mentality of biggotry when you, yourself, are doing it to them! It's really absurd to me that the Gay community is all about tolerance, yet is completely intollerant of others who have a different point of view. If we do finally form in to a society where everyone is equal, what will the minority groups do? They'll just find something else to bitch about. So, instead of compartmentalizing people into small catagories, why can't you see past your own tunnel vision? I grew up in L.A., have lived in several big cities across America, and have lived in Small Town America...Clinton, Iowa to be exact. It's not this horrible place where there's nowhere to turn. I think your point of view of the small town lifestyle is horribly misguided. Besides, some people have family farms to run that are being willed to them. Should they just abandon their family to go live the slut life in Chicago, or should they be with their family? I can't make that decision for them, and I don't think you should either. True, it's hard to find a trick or a boyfriend. I know. But, to belittle someone simply from where they were born/live/grew up...that's just a little unnecessary. Just my opinion. And, when you put your opinion on the internet sweetie, you're going to get people who don't see things the way that you do, just like you don't see things the way that they do. It's part of being a blogger. So, grow thicker skin, or don't do it. That's my advice...not that you asked for it.

xander_locke said...

I don't think Jack's comment deserved anything other than a quick look and moved on.

The advice you gave to single people really wasn't that good, but who takes this shiz seriously anyway?