Friday, April 24, 2009

Craigslist Redundancy Broken By Pie

If you spend any amount of time trolling the M4M ads on Craigslist then you must love re-runs (I know I do). Each ad seems to be the same as the last one except with different incorrectly spelled words. Maybe straight is spelled "strait" instead of "str8" or discreet is spelled "discrete" instead of "discreat." But for all intents and purposes, most of the ads are redundant, repetitive, and identical.

Most ads go a little something like this:

Headless body shot here, another wierd angled body shot there (so you can't really tell how muscled/fat the person is and it probably isn't even the same person thats in the 1st picture), A picture of a lonesome penis, Picture of an ass and/or hole, maybe a picture of a leg, and if the guy feels really daring, a thumbnail-sized fuzzy picture of somebody's face.

With text that reads:

"VGL Str8-acting jock seeks NSA fun with HOT muscled AF type, I am DDF and DISCREET UB2."

I'm not sure what very good looking means to these people nor if they know how to show it in a picture. I don't know what constitutes as straight-acting in the Craigslist world (sucking dick is straight acting? Who knew!?) or how poorly designed clothes represent a group of "hot" people.

Call me crazy but I would imagine that no one is getting fucked via Craigslist. Just murdered and robbed. And maybe if you're lucky, a good old pie in the face (WTF).


Do guys really get laid using Craigslist?


13 comments:

chris said...

ive actually got laid by using craigslist.im not fat, or muscular, just fit. i dont use it all the time, just when im extremely horny

Fridley said...

i agree... there's a lot of crap on CL that one has to sort through, but i've found it worth the effort. almost 1 year ago i responded to an ad for a guy in my suburb looking for a quick bj, which turned into a repeat the next day, followed by a weekend of hot heavy sex... and we've been dating ever since! and he lets me play, and i've found some pretty amazing sex on CL - and better, some really cool friends too. but i do have to add that manhunt is my preferred venue nowadays...

Tristan said...

CL is a waste of time if you really wanna get some action join an actual gay website theres many out there. If you decide that you wanna try the CL way of finding a hook up... expect lonely old men, guys that would pay to have sex because no one in there right mind would go there and I am not even gonna go into the discreet straight guy hookups its not even worth my time.

Anonymous said...

I do- in fact ''troll'' the ads in my locale, if only for a good freakin' laugh.
I sure love the ads who talk about 'discretion' or 'discrete' is a must.
WHY is this? Well given my location in the Midwest, there's a lot of closet cases; many of them married and/or with children. Sad, really.
Have I ever gotten laid off CL? HELL NO, and I won't. Not that I'm fugly or anything. Perhaps it's because I grew up in the generation pre-Internet, and you usually met others at parties, through friends, at bars, restaurants, coffee houses, work, etc. Really- I'm just not comfortable ''meeting'' others on line. That's just my comfort zone.

Shaneluv said...

I do enjoy pie! I may have to check out those ads just to see how ridiculous they get. as far as getting laid via craigslist, nay. I guess I prefer the old fashioned way of meeting legit/non-homicidal people.

fletch said...

I've recently come to believe we need to start a rescue program for all the headless torsos and random body parts found on the internet. I never knew that so many people were missing heads until I started looking on the internet. It's a horrible epidemic and we need to find a cure for it now.

sjchan said...

I've used craigslist in the past when I was just horny as hell, which was a lot quicker than Yahoo personals. But given the recent news, I'm glad I'm taking things slower trying to get to know someone as friends first before we decide on anything. That way we know we won;t kill each other.

Anonymous said...

Uh, it's "intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes." But I guess it's your nation, so you can change the phrase.

Anonymous said...

I've had a few great lay's from CL, but you are wading through a ton of crap. I've honestly not found it much better or worse than sites like MH.

Ferdy said...

I've gotten some pretty decent blowjobs off CL but I've pretty much stopped using it. Some of the ads can be perversely entertaining with how bald-faced slutty they are, but there's also that pretty sad parade of deep closet cases as well. I think using gay sites like MH would probably be much better.

bourgtai said...

"discrete" is actually an accepted spelling of "discreet." Very unlike how "alot" is not an acceptable spelling of "a lot" ;)

Anonymous said...

Uh bourgtai: "discrete" and "discreet" are two completely separate words with very different meanings. Time you consulted your Webster's!

Derrick said...

I haven't been laid but I've got a new "blow n go" partner. I also answered an ad for a guy that was looking for some action at my gym (a very small store front kind of place) he said he would be in the steam room at a certain time and I waited on the tread mill so I could see who went in and he never showed